Atlantic Shrink Wrapping, Inc. is a full service shrink wrapping company that works locally, nationwide and internationally. We are a “mobile” shrink wrapping service, meaning that we bring our materials and tools to your site to handle your shrink wrapping project. Many of our shrink wrap projects involve wrapping items for transport and long-term storage. We have completed shrink wrapping jobs on military tanks, helicopters, and nuclear power equipment, as well as on commercial and industrial equipment and other private industry needs.
At Atlantic Shrink Wrap Inc, we tailor each project specifically to the needs of the individual job. When designing a shrink wrap project, ASI considers many different factors to ensure we get the best possible result for you, our customers. In many cases, we begin by studying pictures and measurements of the item to be wrapped. If necessary we will arrange to visit the customer’s location to view the item ahead of time to understand the exact needs for the project at hand.
For clients who are considering a custom shrink wrap project, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is the shrink wrap intended to do? Protect the item from the top down or encapsulate and seal the item completely?
- What kinds of weather conditions will the item face during transport?
- What kind of padding will be required to protect both the item and the shrink wrap?
- What kind of shrink wrap is necessary?
- What size plastic and what thickness will be needed?
- Does the item require desiccant inside the wrap to ward off any interior moisture?
- Does the item need to be vented?
- Will the item need Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors to fight surface rust and corrosion?
- Will the item be moved from one shipping trailer to another?
- Will the item need lifting points left exposed?
Although we are located in Maryland and work primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region, ASI has provided our excellent customer service to clients across the United States and throughout the world. To discuss what ASI can do to protect your equipment, vehicles, other valuables from damage in storage or in transit, contact us today at (410) 376-7052 or contact us online.