If you have a classic car and have spent the time and money to restore it back to its original condition, then you understand how important your choices are when it comes to winterizing your vehicle when the summer ends. Winter storage is very important for a car enthusiast that has money invested in a classic car restoration as you do not want the paint or interior to be vulnerable to climate change or to wildlife that may be looking for a place to spend the winter. Atlantic Shrink Wrap explains how Delaware commercial shrink wrap can help keep your classic car stay the way that you have it in the summertime.
Cover The Basics For Winterization
Wash Your Classic Car
- First, you must clean your car right before you winterize it. Make sure that there is no grime or grease on the car. Make sure to use a chemical-free product when cleaning your vehicle.
Change The Oil & Filter
- Next, make sure that you replace the engine oil and the engine oil filter prior to winterizing your classic car. While you are at it, make sure to top off your windshield washer fluid with antifreeze.
Inflate Your Tires
- Make sure to fill your tires just to the point of overinflation, as your tires will more than likely lose pressure during the cold months. This will help your tires from dry rotting over the winter months.
Now that you have the basics of winterizing covered for your car, it is time to pick a location and utilize shrink wrap for your classic car to keep its value during the harsh winter months.
- Location selection for your classic car is imperative to help keep your vehicle in immaculate condition. You want to pick a location that will allow your vehicle to sit on a concrete floor, which will help keep the moisture from the ground at bay.
- Shrink Wrap
- Shrinkwrapping your classic car will be the final step in winterizing your vehicle. Shrinkwrap will allow you to keep your classic car protected from weather elements such as rain, snow, sleet, ice, and hail. Also, shrink wrap will keep any unwanted rodents and animals out of your vehicle that may provide the creatures with shelter during the cold winter months.
CONTACT ATLANTIC SHRINK WRAP INC.
If you are interested in learning more about how commercial shrink wrap in Delaware can help your winter storage needs for your classic car and save you money and time, contact Atlantic Shrink Wrap Inc. online or call 410.376.7052 for a free quote today.